- 6/2019 - A collaborative study on the the gut microbiome changes in medical weight loss (with GIM's Jeanne Clark lead and Clare Lee)
- 12/2018 - A collaborative paper on alternative splicing in HNSCC (with Daria Gaykalova lead)
- 1/2018 - A collaborative paper on differential alternative splicing in cancer (with Elana Fertig)
- 8/2017 - A collaborative study on germline mutations in lung adenocarcinoma (with Mary Armanios)
- 6/2017 - A webinar I gave in connection with the upcoming Next Generation Sequencing and Single Cell Sequencing USA Congress
- 6/2017 - Connor Hogan (Viewpoint High School, CA) is joining us for the summer - welcome on board!
- 4/2017 - An interview I gave to Radio Romania Cultural (in Romanian)
- 4/2017 - Invited talk at the First Symposium on Translational Precision Oncology in Romania
- 10/2016 - Our JULiP paper on intron selection from multiple RNA-seq samples won the Best Paper Award at the ICCABS 2016 conference (with Guangyu Yang)
- 10/2016 - Improving genome assembly with RNA-seq - our Rascaf paper appears in The Plant Genome (with Li Song and Dhruv Shankar)
- 6/2016 - Yujing Xie (University of California Irvine) and Raymond Huffman (Manhasset High School, NY) are joining us for the summer - welcome on board!
- 6/2016 - Our CLASS2 software for transcript assembly and alternative splicing annotation from RNA-seq reads appears in NAR (with Li Song and Sarven Sabunciyan)
- 1/2016 - An interview I gave to Genetic Engineering News (GEN) on the occasion of the Next Generation Sequencing USA Congress
- 10/2015 - Accurate and efficient RNA-seq error correction with Rcorrector, with Li Song, in GigaScience
- 7/2015 - More functional validation for the role of our novel HCV viral miRNA in hepatocellular carcinoma (with Ajit Kumar)
- 5/2015 - Guangyu Yang (Clemson U) has joined the lab, and Dhruv Shankar (UNC) and Ankur Sundara (Nashua HS South) are joining us for the summer - welcome on board!
- 11/2014 - An error correction algorithm for next generation sequences, in Genome Biology (with Li Song and Ben Langmead).
- 8/2014 - We received NSF funding to extend our work on reconstructing alternative splicing variation from RNA-seq data (ABI-1356078)
- 8/2014 ...And a new NSF award to develop software to improve plant genome assembly and gene and transcript annotations (IOS-1339134)
- 7/2014 - An HCV virus-encoded small non-coding RNA modulates PTEN transport to the nucleus, in Infectious Agents and Cancer (with Ajit Kumar).
- 2/2014 - A review I wrote with Steven Salzberg on genome-guided transcript assembly methods has appeared in TCBB.